Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Life Lessons

Like any red-blood American male, I learned many important lessons from my father. Some lessons I learned well… like a dismounting and mounting a tire on a wheel by hand. Not to mention how to determine standard American wrench sizes (3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, etc., etc.) Or the ability to tell the difference between aluminum, stainless steel, lead and various other ferrous and nonferrous metals. Other lessons I am still trying to learn… like siphoning gas with a garden hose. I look forward to passing on these vital lessons to my own son someday.

Oh yeah, by the way… the aforementioned ATV wheels are mounted.

Comments:
I have this "emergency" car kit that came with a special gas-siphoning tube complete with a squeeze-bulb suction device. No sucking by mouth required. Now gasoline in the mouth is a plus. It's very nice. Plus it is skinnier than a garden hose, so it fits into a car's gas tank a lot better. The downside is the skinny hose doesn't have as much flow, so it takes longer - meaning there is a greater chance of getting caught stealing someone's gas.. Oh, well. Still worth it, I say.
 
Did you mount them yourself? How?

Did you see the episode of Earl where they were stealing gas from his neighbor?
They were inadvertently preventing the neighbor from committing suicide because his car would run out of gas.
 
oh yeah - that was a great episode.
 
I don't get enough practice siphoning I guess.

Gagknee... you've seen me dismount a tire and wheel... remember our first riding trip to Virginia? We took your 250x wheel apart in a car wash parking lot.

I will say... it is a lot easier with bias ply tires. The side walls on radial tires are too soft.
 
ohhh right. I remember. I was just hoping you had bought some fancy tools or something.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?