Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Money Changers

Today in the lobby of the building where I work there are about a dozen venders selling what I suppose are last minute gift ideas for Valentine’s Day. Perfumes, purses, gift baskets, that sort of thing… But this one entrepreneur is selling framed pictures. He has several of Pope John Paul II on display. Wow. That would make for a memorable Valentine’s Day. Every Valentine’s Day for the rest of my life and beyond I would hear, “remember that Valentine’s Day you gave me a picture of a deceased pope.” Nothing says loving like a celibate man in a big hat.

Comments:
The only way I can figure someone buying their wife a picture of the pope for V day is if it was some sort of joke, you know, to make the wife think that all she got is a crappy gift. And then the husband whips out a diamond necklace.

Other than that, I'd say that husband is signing his own death warrant.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?