Tuesday, March 28, 2006

2:22 AM



At 2:22 AM, I had an epiphany. My wife and I have a dog named Shelby. Shelby has, to put it mildly, some quirks. One nice quirk is that she likes to get hugs from Susan and me. If we are sitting on the couch together Shelby wants to sit between us. If one of us is out, Shelby will whine and wander the house until we return. Shelby frequently licks Susan’s face, but rarely licks mine. I assume it is because Shelby, a generally nervous dog, is more comfortable with Susan. At 2:22 AM, Shelby paused from her snoring to burp up some dog food. Maybe I should be thankful that Shelby doesn’t lick my face.

Comments:
Yes, very thankful.

We had a dog that liked to raid the litter box for some treats too. Yum. I wouldn't let him near me.
 
Having never licked either of your faces, I can only speculate - but I sould suggest that Susan's face simply tastes better than yours.
 
But mine is more likely to have food on it.
 
haha...good point.
 
I don't know. I like food just about as much as any dog does. I would eat crumbs from your table, or even your floor, but I would NOT lick it off your face.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?