Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Prime Tanning

I would have bet a thousand dollars that Prime Tanning had gone out of business.

I would have been wrong. My uncle worked there his entire career.

Stephen King should use Prime Tanning in one of his novels. I am sure he could think up some diabolical scheme involving the tanning of hides... and a guy name Rick that lives in an apartment above an insurance agency next to the factory and drives a green Subaru... and a bunch of guys that jump into the Salmon Falls River from a bridge named after another kid rumored to have died while jumping off that same bridge... that would make good title... Eddie's Bridge.

Comments:
Oh the memories of that apartment: Andy brewing his beer at my place, finding my apartment completely covered with shipping peanuts, and of course, the beautiful smell of Prime Tanning!!! T
 
One summer when my wife (not at the time) was out for a visit, we were looking for a place to have some time to ourselves, so I let myself in while you were at work one day, and well.... you probably don't want to know the rest.
 
Oh man! the shipping peanuts! I had forgotten about that.

There's a Subway beneath that apartment now.

And Eddie's bridge. Ahh. Theres nothing like jumping into murky brown water unless its murky green water (quarries).
 
You're right, I'm sure I don't!

One thing I've always wondered: who all had a key to my apartment?

Subway: Berwick is stepping up now, huh?
 
I don't think I had a key. I'm pretty sure I remember going through a window.

hmmm... I think Andy had a key, though - I may have borrowed it from him. Or maybe tried to borrow it, but when he refused THEN I went through the window. I've got a lot of different memories that kind of get jumbled together...
 
I was driving over the bridge into berwick the other day and noticed the sign that said something like protect our drinking water.

then i remembered this excerpt from the article:

Untreated water was dumped right back into the river, which, Kaplan says, people couldn't swim or fish in...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?