Thursday, April 20, 2006

If not now, when?


If Polaris puts the Revolver into production and gets it approved for road use in the US, I will definitely get one. I could probably pay for it with the gas I would save on my daily commute. (I could probably even drive in the HOV lanes.)

Apparently, Polaris worked with KTM to put this prototype together. In Europe, people convert traditional ATVs into "quadriycles" for road use. Polaris and KTM built the Revolver as a purpose built machine.

The only thing that would be better is if Honda came out with one of its own.

Comments:
I've seen this before and I think it's an awesome concept and I would love to have one.

I noticed this is chain drive, but I wonder if having a differential would make it more road worthy. Cornering on pavement where both wheels are spinning at the same speed is dangerous I think.
 
Yeah, I was wondering if maybe independent rear suspension might be good too. Polaris already has IRS on one of its sport machines.
 
Yep. that would be good too.
 
I would LOVE a 4-wheeler that was designed for the road (and legal), I would buy that for commuting in a heartbeat. But I'm not sure I'm down with the whole on-off road idea. Seems like you would have to make too many compromises to make it ideal for either situation.

Of course, to drive it on 495, I would need handguards and windshield - or else I would have to buy that off-road racing safety gear to protect me from all of the flying rocks.
 
With everyone freaking out about gas prices they could sell a train load of them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?