Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Confessions of a new Dad

Some observations and confessions from my recent experience as a new father:

1. I got busted by the baby monitor. Yesterday I came home from work and Charlie was being fussy. So, to give my wife a break I decided to take him upstairs to feed him. I went upstairs with the screaming baby and couldn't find something. In my frustration I said aloud to myself, "Where the h*&% did she put it?! Why can't she put things back where they frickin' belong?" Unfortunately, I was within ear shot of the baby monitor and my wife was in ear shot of the baby monitor receiver. Busted.

2. Garbage day (twice a week) has become very important to me. Between the baby and the dog, if anyone tries to sift through our garbage to collect personal information, they are going to have to wade through a lot of crap.

3. Speaking of crap... Recently, scientists discover the most powerful glue in the world is created by moss that live on rocks in fast moving rivers. It is so strong they haven't figured out how to use it, because it sticks to everything it touches. I think baby poop may be a close second.

4. I should have invested in Energizer Batteries. In addition to our digital camera, almost everything Charlie owns requires AA batteries.

5. Visitors are constantly debating about who the baby resembles. There is no genetic explanation, but I think he looks like my friend Richard (minus the mud and beard).

Comments:
ahahahahahahahaha. baby monitor. oh man. you made me laugh and laugh and laugh...

i dont understand why you think the boy looks like richard
 
Something about him really reminds me of Richard and Chrissy's little boy (Ethan).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?