Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Hostess is my Nemesis

Like Big A and Andy, I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that I must lose some weight and get in better shape. During the winter months I often put on some extra pounds, this winter I also added some extra sympathy weight during my wife’s pregnancy. Add in the fact that I am seeing myself in lots of pictures with the new baby, and I just can’t take it any more.

My plan for a thinner physique is not as radical as Big A’s revolutionary diet plan. But on the other hand, it will require a little more effort than Andy’s no beer diet plan. I am sure it will evolve, but so far my plan includes the following… 30 minutes on the treadmill everyday followed by stretches and sit-ups. Every few days some free weight work to tone up my arms. No more afternoon candy or pastry snack (i.e. Kit Kats or Hostess Cupcakes.) No more chips with lunch (i.e. UTZ Cider Vinegar Kettle Chips.) Only one piece of cake or one cookie for going away or birthday parties at work (instead of both.) Drink more water, eat more fruit. There you have it.

Yesterday was day five on the treadmill. It feels good to have a regular workout and each day it seems to feel a little better. Our treadmill has built in training programs that run for 30 minutes and I am currently on level 4 of 10. The training programs make it easier because I don’t have to think about the speed, distance, or incline. The treadmill provides variety throughout the workout by making adjustments for me. Just another example of technology taking over the need to think.

My goals are more subjective than just a specific weight. I want to feel healthier and be in better shape. I want my suits to feel looser and my jeans and khakis to button easier. I have a couple incentives to keep me going, namely a high school alumni soccer game in October and the ability to ride my ATV faster and further than I can now. No need for daily updates, but I will provide progress reports along the way to keep myself accountable and motivated. More to follow…

Comments:
Good for you. Good Luck.
 
yeah. good luck.

are you going to let us know your starting weight and then let us know how much you've lost?
 
Since I am embarrassed by the large number I am starting with I may do updates with an x-y method like Big A uses.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?