Monday, May 15, 2006

The M-word

Charlie made his first outing to church on Sunday. We sat near the back, but thankfully he remained content through the entire service.

Afterwards, we went out for brunch with my mother-in-law (MIL) at a local restaurant. Since it was time for his feeding we decided to change him in the car and feed him in the restaurant so we would make out 11:30 reservation time. Apparently, Charlie did not appreciate being rushed. To show his displeasure, he waited until his diaper was off and then let loose with the projectile diarrhea. What didn't land on the leather seats of my wife's car landed on my pants.

We cleaned it up and went in. Lesson learned... use the fold down changing table in the restroom next time.

After brunch (mmm, waffles and sausage), Susan and I loaded Charlie into the car and waited for the MIL to come out of the establishment. That is when it happened. My wife did the unthinkable. She uttered the m-word... that's right... minivan. Ugh.

I thought we might have to give up our car in order to get something larger - something like a midsized SUV, but a minivan... oh the horror. The only Honda Odyssey I have ever been interested in owning has a two-stroke engine, a rollcage and a three point harness.

Comments:
RESIST! RESIST! RESIST!

we had three kids before we succumbed to the evil minivan.

Also, one of those original Odysseys would be a a really fun restoration project.

I think I would put extended a-arms and some long travel shocks on it first.
 
My wife always thought she wanted a minivan - in fact we bought two of them - before she took her first ride in her friend's suburban. From that moment on, it was SUV all the way - and to be honest, the gas mileage is not THAT much worse.

Make sure you make her test-drive the SUV when she goes to test-drive the minivan.
 
I think I may lobby for a Honda Pilot.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?