Tuesday, May 30, 2006

More Randomness

1. Yesterday Susan and I made a rare trip to Wal-Mart. We don't go to Wal-Mart very often because it is not as conveniently located as Target and is usually packed no matter when we go. Anyways... while we were there we heard something over the paging system that seemed very appropriate for a Wal-Mart. "A lost boy is at customer service area one. He has on a camouflage shirt and camouflage pants." Of couse he got lost... he was wearing camouflage... that's what camouflage is for... hiding and getting lost. Apparently this was not enough to get the attention of his mother because the next page was for his mother by name. This was repeated two more times. Next time he should probably wear blaze orange to Wal-Mart.

2. I am currently on hold with the IRS. The gentleman helping me is indeed being helpful. He also has a very intimidating voice akin to a senior member of the state police... How very appropriate.

3. On my way to work this morning I passed a very large dead deer along 395. This was only about 2 miles from the Pentagon among dense houses and high rise apartment buildings. Maybe that kid should stop hunting at Wal-Mart and start looking for deer near apartment buildings.

4. While we were out shopping Susan and I went to the Hallmark store. I carried Charlie in his car seat into the store and got him settled in a shopping cart. A clerk (aka sales associate) met us near the door and started admiring Charlie with ooos and awes. Susan and I were flattered, exchange pleasantries and went on about our business with a warm feeling of pride in our one month old son. Then we notice the clerk (aka sales associate) looking at cards near the section we were shopping. With each card she looked at she made the same ooos and awes. Her sincerity maybe genuine, but her compliments seemed a bit more... well... Hallmarky.

5. Still on hold with the IRS, but seriously, the guy is being helpful.

Comments:
1. If you moved back here, you could have that experience on a daily basis at the rochester walmart.

3. & 5. Not possible. "helpful" and "IRS" just don't go together. It would be more believable if you had put together "helpful" and "DMV"/
 
If I moved back there I would probably be working at the Rochester Wal-Mart.

The IRS guy came back on the phone and said he was having computer problems, so in the end he wasn't as helpful as I was hoping.
 
i have never had to call the IRS in my life and for that I am grateful.
 
rob's going to move back here one week after i move down there. let me just say, in advance, bass turd.

haha, just kidding.

hey, i put the hellfish sticker on my truck saturday. looks nice.
 
Cool... I have been meaning to do that... I also need to replace my ATV Oval sticker. It is starting to get frayed a little on the edges.
 
I have only had to call the IRS once. Well, actually I was supposed to call them a few times, but I never got around to it.
 
The deer was still on the side of the highway this morning... 85-90 degree heat is starting to take its toll. Yuck.
 
In WEST virginia, somebody would have scraped it up and turned it into dinner by now. Guess they don't do that in regular virginia.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?