Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Rolling Thunder


Each year in our Nation’s Capital, thousands of motorcyclists descend during Memorial Day weekend to participate in the Rolling Thunder Ride for Freedom. Since moving to Northern Virginia, I have never lived beyond ear shot of Interstate 395. I live a little further away from it now, but I am sure I will get to hear the rumble of V-twin thumpers all weekend long. Not that I am complaining. I enjoy the sound and would love to join in the festivities if I were fortunate enough to own my own Harley or other V-twin.

If I was going to spend the money on a new bike, I would go for the Harley Softail Standard.


Comments:
i like the softail too, but i think my favorite is the dyna low rider.

a cheap alternative (and a honda) that i really like is the honda shadow spirit 750 for about 6 grand

and there is also the triumph speedmaster. oh baby.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?