Friday, July 28, 2006

Last Day

Today is my last day in my current job. On Monday, I start the new job in Richmond.

I don't talk about my job on the blog... that's on purpose. I am quite sure I would offend someone or say something I shouldn't and get in trouble. So, best to steer clear of the danger by not talking about work at all.

Time to clean out the files, save the electronic versions of my work, turn in my ID, Blackberry, cellphone and laptop. Recycling a year's worth of paper is a healthy way to let go of the projects I have worked on. I am not sad about leaving, but I will miss some of the great people that work here.

I am sure it will not be as exciting as the last day in my last job, when 30 or so FBI agents busted through the door and told me to stand behind my desk and not touch anything. But that is a story for another time.

We'll have cake and goodbyes later in the day. I may be asked to say something, in which case I will make something up and try to be witty. Then I will shuffle down to my truck loaded with a few pictures and personal belongings and bid farewell. Off to start a new chapter.

Comments:
I think we're going to need to hear that story about the last day at your previous job.

Good luck in Richmond - will you be commuting until your house sells?
 
um, yeah. we NEED to here that story.

oh wait, i seem to remember some scandal that happened which is the reason you left.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?