Monday, July 17, 2006

Real Estate Success Awaits!

Yesterday one of our neighbors had an open house. This is the neighbor with the 666 house number. She and her boyfriend have spent months working hard to get the house ready to put on the market. Remodeled bathrooms, new landscaping, paint, carpet, the whole deal. I was busy working on our house so I didn't take the time to go through for the open house. Susan did and described it well enough that I get the picture.

No matter how nice, I don't think I could live in a 666 house. I would have to change it to something... 664.5, 668A, something. I can't believe the neighborhood architects or builders didn't clue in on the fact that it is stupid to number a house 666. Granted, it is a very memorable address. I am sure it will turn off some potential buyers. I just hope it doesn't attract any buyers for the number alone.

I happened to be painting windows so I saw some of the traffic coming in for the open house. I didn't see anyone dressed in Goth wear or smelling of animal sacrifices. It is a half million dollar house, so most of the traffic was young professional couples and families. One pair did get my attention... Remember the old men from the balcony on the Muppet Show? Statler and Waldorf. They stopped by for a look. One had to stop for a brief rest on the way in.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?