Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rockin' the Right

John Miller did a piece on the top 50 Rock 'n' Roll songs with conservative messages in the June 5 issue of National Review. (I would include a link, but you have to have a subscription to view the article.)

I was surprised there were no Ted Nugent songs. Anyways, following are ten of my favorites from Mr. Miller's list.

1. "Won't Get Fooled Again," by The Who
2. "Taxman," by the Beatles
4. "Sweet Home Alabama," by Lynyrd Skynard
7. "Revolution," by The Beatles.
25. "The Battle of Evermore," by Led Zepplin
26. "Capitalism," by Oingo Boingo
28. "Janie's Got a Gun," by Aerosmith
33. "You Can't Always Get What You Want," by the Rolling Stones
38. "I Can't Drive 55," by Sammy Hagar
46. "Wind of Change," by The Scorpions

Comments:
the battle of evermore? no kidding.
 
I love that song. I was converting my CD collection to an ITUNES library last week, and that was the ONE SONG that I could not recover because the disc was too scratched. Now I have to go out and get the CD again.

I was pretty impressed, though - I did recover every other song even on CDs that are no longer playable by a regular CD player.
 
Miller's explanation for Evermore: "The lyrics are straight out of Robert Plant's Middle Earth period - there are lines about "ring wraiths" and "magic runes" - but for a song released in 1971, it's hard to miss the Cold War metaphor: "The tyrant's face is red."
 
i'm sure you could find someone with a copy of that song to give you.

you've already paid for it once, thats enough.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?