Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Twisted


One of my favorite candies is Strawberry Twizzlers. Over the years I have eaten pound after pound of red twisted tastiness, especially on long road trips between Maine and Virginia (or Ohio, or South Carolina, or West Virginia.) I prefer buying the large bag; they actually taste different than the small package. Once the package is open you have to eat the whole bag or have a way to reseal it to avoid allowing the candy to dry out and lose precious flavor. I usually use a chip clip to seal mine, and then place the bag safely under my center arm rest.

My affinity and loyalty for the product has lead me to try other Twizzler offerings, always with the same result... disappointment. Like a fool, I see a new flavors and succumb to the impulse buying demons in the hope of finding something as delicious as the original. It never happens. The texture and flavor never surpass or even come close to the original.

Today, I tried "Twizzlers Rainbow Twists." The "rainbow" refers to five flavors: strawberry (red), orange (orange), lemonade (yellow), watermelon (green), blue raspberry (blue), and grape (purple). Each flavor is more disappointing than the last. You have been warned.

Comments:
I like to go to Sam's club or BJ's and get the big tub o' twizzlers. It is the perfect size to fit on the floor underneath my dash between the passenger and drivers side. The re-sealable tub locks in the flavor pretty well - provided you keep them at a reasonable temperature.
 
it is weird how NONE of the other flavors are any good. Grape was particularly disgusting. Oh! and chocolate! Remember the chocolate flavor? it was nasty.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?