Wednesday, July 26, 2006

An Unsatisfying Experience

Selling our house is becoming an unsatisfying experience. Not because it hasn't sold yet, after all it has only been on the market for 5 days. It is unsatisfying because we don't receive any feedback from the many potential buyers that have toured our home.

You go through our house, you have unfettered access to our closets and belongings, you see all the work we have done to paint and renovate and you say... nothing. No compliments, no complaints, no suggestions, no feedback, no nothing.

One of the reasons I liked school was I got frequent feedback. I turn in a paper, it's graded, commented on, and returned. I have the satisfaction of an A or suggestions for how to get an A next time. Like Lisa Simpson when the teachers of Springfield Elementary go on strike, I feel like yelling out our front door, "Look at me! Grade me! Evaluate and rank me! I'm good, good, good and oh so smart! Grade me!" Ugh.

Comments:
yeah...i know the feeling. i hate the fact that we never get any feedback from our agent either.
 
I feel your pain. I've been listed a week and so far had about 11 people/couples through. They all tell the agent "it's nice". Yet noone has even put in an offer!!! COME ON PEOPLE! BUY MY DAMN HOUSE!

I am totally gonna race you to see who can sell first.
 
If you would get the link to your listing working, i would give you some feedback. Of course it would be totally gratuitous, hollow, and meaningless - but it might make you feel better anyway.
 
Copy and past the link into your browser... it should work.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?