Thursday, August 03, 2006

Rich thoughts

A few random observations from the new job:

Best cafeteria ever. It really is amazing. Yesterday I had the best BBQ Beef Brisket that I can remember. Today, I had shredded roasted pork from the carving station with baked macaroni and cheese and collard greens. The plate was completely covered. Add in a 16oz diet Coke... and the grand total is $4.21. This may represent the death knell to my weight loss efforts.

Before lunch I went out to the parking lot to get something from my truck. A small plane, like a Piper Cub, flew overhead. It sounded foreign to me. I realized this is the first time in five years that I am not living and working within restricted airspace.

A coworker related a story about a conversation she had with her husband in bed. Why do newlyweds insist on telling stories that place them in bed with their spouse? You're married, I get it, I don't need any mental pictures. Just tell me about the conversation and leave out details about the location.

My new workplace is business casual. Which, as far as I can tell, means you can't wear jeans, or shorts, or t-shirts. Apparently, it also means you can't wear suits or ties. People look at me as if I have three heads because I am wearing a suit. And if I talk to anyone for more than 2 minutes, they point it out and say, "you can lose the suit." I am going to go to a uniform store and get some shirts that say Bob above the pocket... Oh, and maybe some Dickies too.

Comments:
lose the suit as quickly as you can. Conformity is always the best policy.
 
seriously...don't make waves man.
 
If it's really a good cafeteria, give it the ultimate test - go to the sammich station and ask them if they will cut a couple of slices off the roast pork from the carving station and make you a sammich out of that instead of the deli meats. mmmmm.....
 
I can report that that's exactly what they did for him. They shredded the pork right off the pork loin. I got the whole description at dinner last night. He's in Baltimore today without computer access so I feel compelled to jump in. :-)
 
baltimore?!
 
We had crab cakes for lunch in Baltimore. MMmmm.
 
I am very bitter towards you Rob.

Nah. Just kidding.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?