Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Not in a Good Place II

The drama of a teething baby is bad enough, but my wife and I also have the drama of closing out a home sale negotiation while living in seperate cities while also looking for a new home in our new city. Everyday, the clock is ticking on our need to vacate our current home.

We just have to get through this week. And when I see "we", I mostly mean my wife who is the full time caretaker of the baby and chief real estate coordinator while I am at work. You may be surprised to hear that there are very few crying babies, very few diapers, and very few real estate professionals at my place of work.

Comments:
Moving sucks. Unless you are wealthy enough to pay someone to do it all for you.
 
Each time we move, we have more stuff, which makes the moving process more difficult each time. It results in an exponential growth in suckiness.
 
Moving does suck!! When we moved we had closing on the selling and purchasing houses on the same day. Because of this we had to have all our crap out of the old house in time for the new owners to walk through. Unforturately we could not put stuff at the new place because of not closing yet. All our stuff had to be in the moving truck, my truck, L-dub's truck and some stuff at a friends house. Guess what, I still have stuff at my friends house. Moving sucks!!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Even when someone does it all for you, it still sucks. We had a moving company do everything for us - including packing all the boxes, which we THOUGHT was nice, except that because someone else packed the boxes, it was twice as much work to unpack and sort out at the other end. The only thing we really saved on was actually loading and unloading the truck, which is frankly the EASIEST part of moving.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?