Friday, September 15, 2006

One-bolt Theory Part Deux

On my way into work today I was reminded of the close relationship between the One-Bolt Theory and Murphy's Law.

I saw a U-Haul trailer that had broken free from its tow vehicle and slammed into the center jersey barrier on I-95. The tongue of the trailer was bent straight up in the air. As I passed by I could clearly see the hitch ball was still in the tongue... minus the all important nut that holds it to the tow vehicle.

The one-bolt theory wreaks havoc with trailer balls because they only have one-bolt.

Comments:
If the nut was missing, shouldn't it be the one-nut theory? The one-nut theory would almost always wreak havoc, because although you can often do without one bolt, you can almost never tolerate losing a nut.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?