Thursday, October 05, 2006

Cafeteria Update

I have used this blog as an opportunity to rave about the cafeteria at my workplace several times. It continues to be an excellent source of tasty goodness, but I have been trying to stay away from the carving station. My wife has been losing weight since our baby was born and I just can't afford all the calories everyday.

Anyways... today I went by the cafeteria in the morning to pick up a cup of coffee. As I approached the door, the memory of hundreds of meals came rushing back to me. The smell coming from the cafeteria was the unique and tasty smell of my grandmother's kitchen. I have never experienced that smell outside of my grandparent's house. I am not sure of the exact source of the aroma, but it brought back warm memories of overeating and napping on the couch.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?