Monday, October 16, 2006

Virginians for Ward

As a NASCAR fan I am often asked who I cheer for on a weekly basis. Generally, I give a non-commital answer like "anyone but Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson."

This weekend is different. This weekend I will be rooting for Virginia native Ward Burton. Ward has been absent for a couple years, but he is returning to a Cup Car for the race at Martinsville, Virginia. Ward (brother of current points leader Jeff Burton) is an outspoken outdoorsman and advocate for conservation causes. Hailing from Southwest Virginia, He also has one of the best accents in NASCAR. You go Ward.

Comments:
I thought you liked Jeff Gordon.
 
I thought you liked the Yankees.
 
Ouch. That hurts. Seriously, all this time I thought you liked Jeff Gordon - I swear we had this conversation a long time ago: Jeff Gordon vs. Dale, and you were a fan of Gordo.
 
Maybe it was when he was still married to Brooke.
 
Ah, I see. So you were a fan of Brooke? Can't say I blame you - but I bet your wife would.
 
Always assuming the worse. I just meant that his witness as a believer was damaged by his divorce.
 
Ah, I see. Nice answer. Well, I agree with your original premise -nobody could reasonably be against Ward.
 
Accents are cool. No doubt about it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?