Friday, November 17, 2006

240 Seconds

Wal-Mart is moving about 4 minutes closer to our house. I should be able to get the new store in about 5-6 minutes. That seems reasonable... paving over 20 acres of farmland to avoid five or so traffic lights on my way to get some socks, an oil filter, and a bag of Twizzlers. I hope I can manage to wait until 2008.

Wal-Mart, Penney's head to Hull St.
Richmond Times-Dispatch
Nov 17, 2006

Wal-Mart plans to open another Richmond area location -- about fives miles from one of its existing stores.

The world's largest retailer plans to build a 204,000-square-foot Wal-Mart Supercenter in the planned Hancock Village.

The shopping center, at Hull Street at Winterpock roads, is about five miles from the chain's store at state Route 288 and Hull Street Road.

Hancock Village also likely will have a J.C. Penney store -- the area's first Penney's not connected to a mall. The center would open in the spring 2008.

Comments:
I hate walmart. I go out of my way not to go there. Of course, it's not really out of my way because the extra time spent is saved by not spending 30 minutes or more in the checkout line.
 
the walmart in my town is cool. theres never a wait and its surprisingly clean.

theres a target equidistant to it in the opposite direction down the highway, but i have yet to go there. i dont feel a need because i know where everything is a in a walmart.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?