Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanks a lot Rich

Today my lovely wife (MLW), our brilliant baby (OBB), and our emotionally disturbed dog (EDD) returned home from a trip to Maine for Thanksgiving.

Having a beautiful sunny day around the house was a pleasant surprise after driving all night. So after a nap and feeding OBB, I decided to go clean out the gutters of our new home. About halfway up the fiberglass extension ladder I started to think about Rich and his recent accident. My courage started to wane. In my head I was going over the physics that were preventing my plummeting to the ground and certain breakage of limbs. I did my best to push it out of my head and continue up.

Once on the roof I paused for a moment to survey my new perch about two and quarter stories above the ground. As a neighbor approached I decided I better look busy and get cleaning otherwise I would be the freak neighbor that hangs out on his roof. Our gutter covers made it a quick job and it was about time to get down. As I started my decent the ladder wiggled... uh- oh... maybe I will just hang out for a minute and try again. Or maybe I will call MLW on my cellphone to come out and hold the ladder. Thanks a lot Rich. I am sure my new neighbors were making fun of me from inside their houses.

Comments:
Hey, is YBB missing one of his socks?
 
don't think so...but we did change him at your place so it's definitely a possibility.
 
I have a small blue sock, that I'm sure doesn't belong to Apryl!!
 
Maybe it is my sock. O wait, I can wear two socks just one shoe.
 
ha. the crazy neighbor on the roof.

sometimes at my old house i would hang out on the roof to sweep off pine needles or in the wimter to shovel off snow.

roofs are fun, well, ones that are only 12 feet of the ground and at an 8 degree angle are.
 
After doing laundry yesterday and coming up with one lone navy blue sock, I can confirm that the sock in question does belong to OBB.
 
so the question is - how did you not notice that YBB had OBF?
 
I think OBB lost his OBS when he was changed into his PJs.
 
theres more acronyms being thrown around here than a Microsoft training class.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?