Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Legends of the Fall

As gagknee can attest, the day before Christmas was quite beautiful in Richmond... a sunny 65 degrees. So after doing some cleaning in the garage, I decided to take Our Brilliant Baby (OBB) and our Emotionally Disturbed Dog (EDD) for a walk. With OBB loaded in his stroller and EDD following without a leash we headed out around the neighborhood.

At the end of a cul-de-sac, we turned around and started heading home. As we did so a man emerged from his home and yelled "Legend"... "LEGEND"... "LEGEND." "Legend where the heck are you going?" It was then I realized he was yelling at EDD.

"Um, that's my dog," I said. He returned a confused look and started walking my way. "She's with me, she's my dog," I repeated. As he got closer, a dog emerged from another yard. "That's your dog over there," pointing back into the cul-de-sac.

Amazingly, the other dog was the exact same size and color as EDD. Legend and EDD exchanged sniffs as the neighbor and me exchanged pleasantries. I am glad Legend came out when he did, because I could see the guy was about to go apoplectic. OBB, oblivious to it all, was just glad to start rolling again.

Comments:
yes. it was nice. christmas eve eve was nice too. i was in shorts.

you and the other owner "exchanged pleasantries", thats very un-New England like of you.
 
Yeah, I know... neighbors actually talk to each other down here.
 
i knoooow. i've been forced into several conversations. at first it was awkward, but now i kind of enjoy interfacing with other humans.

i can now put "good interpersonal skills" on my resume.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?