Sunday, March 18, 2007

Follow the Leader, he pushes a Honda...

I pushed a couple Hondas this weekend.

MLW found a good deal on a Honda powered lawn mower, so we took the plunge. I had been looking for a used one without much luck, but she found a Troy-Built at Lowes for a reasonable price. 160cc overhead cam Honda four-stroke engine. I have nothing against Briggs and Stratton engines, but mmmmmmm that Honda motor is sweet. Smooth, quiet, clean... it even had that wonderful new Honda smell.

I also had to push my Honda 400ex a little. When I know it is going to sit for a while I usually close the fuel valve and let it run out of gas before putting it away. But, the last time I rode it, I neglected to perform this little ritual. Today, I paid the price. It started hard, stalled often and wouldn't run without the choke on for the first 10 minutes. Since the battery was low on power from sitting, it eventually died in the backyard and wouldn't restart. So I had to push it to the driveway to jump start it off my truck. Thankfully it fired up and started to run better after the stale gas in the carb was all used up.

But, as they say... "I would rather push a Honda than ride a Polaris."

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Wait. What? I didn't know Troy-bilt used Honda engines. Can't wait to hear it.

I suppose you didn't change Charlies diaper at all Friday night when your wife was gallavanting around town Friday night either.
 
I have never heard that before. I think you made it up. It doesn't even make sense. I have never seen anybody "riding" a Polaris. I have only seen them being worked on or towed.

I've never seen anybody pushing a Honda either - Even Andy's old 250 which had some major operator-induced issues always made it home under its own power.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?