Friday, April 13, 2007

News Flash: The Earth orbits the Sun

I listen to the same local radio station everyday during my daily 30 minute commute into work. Each morning a radio personality provides a traffic report. I listen carefully as she rattles off reports on road after road. And everyday, when she gets to my road she says the same thing, “heavy backups on the Powhite at the main 50 cent toll.” Everyday, the same report. Sometimes there is a heavy backup, but often, like today, there is no back up at all. I barely slowed down as I glided through the Smart Pass lane. Come on. If you are not going to try to do a decent job, at least try to try.

Comments:
I know what you mean, the traffic report for the Portsmouth bridge is the same every morning and every night. "Heavy" and "Backup" is the report every time we hear it. Last night it was listed as "Heavy", but I drove through there at 70MPH. I don't get it.
 
Oh, I know - they are ridiculous. And even when they ARE right, all they really do is tell you what you're going to find out for yourself in 5 minutes anyway. They tend to concentrate on areas where you have no other choice to go through it. The Bay bridge to portsmouth is one example - There is really no way around it.
 
ha. i hear the same report every morning and think man, rob's commute SUCKS! glad to know its not as bad as it seems.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?