Friday, June 15, 2007

On a less serious note...

Twinkies gone bananas.

You may have heard that Hostess is marketing banana flavored Twinkies. Apparently, the original Twinkies were filled with banana cream, not vanilla creme, until World War II came along and caused a banana shortage.

I will likely buy a box sometime soon to give them a try. I like Twinkies and I like banana creme so it seems like a win-win. But, I also hope that my conspicuous consumption will not encourage Hostess to start offering random flavored Twinkies to boost sales. Next thing you know we will have a whole aisle at Wal-Mart of different flavored Twinkies... chocolate, raspberry, coconut, strawberry, coffee... if it gets started it may never stop. Let's hope banana is as far as it goes.

Comments:
Sadly, I can't find them in stores yet.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?