Monday, October 15, 2007

The ninety and nine

I've been thinking about parables, partly because our Sunday School class is studying the book of Matthew, partly because I just like thinking about parables. I use analogies a lot to help me understand stuff.

Tonight OBB reminded me of the truth of one of Jesus' parables. He was sitting in his highchair as MLW and I enjoyed small talk and dinner. He had already eaten a ton of food... including his new found favorite... smoked sausage, so he was playing with three Hot Wheels fire trucks. He accidentally rolled one off the edge and onto the floor. I said, "Well, that's it for that one, but you still have two."

OBB was not content with the two that remained. He stretched and groaned seeking the one that was lost. So, I had to stop eating and gabbing long enough to crawl under the table, past the dog, to retrieve it. When it was safely returned, he went on herding his little trucks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?