Sunday, October 14, 2007

Such an old man.

It's been a while since I last went to a concert. If memory serves it's been about 8 years since I saw the Dave Matthews Band in Virginia Beach. I remember it well. I also remember leaving my work cellphone in my truck because it wouldn't fit in my pocket. When it comes to cellphones a lot has changed.

This weekend I served as an announcer for an evening show at a Boy Scout Encampment. Picture about 7000 Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, parents, and such sitting in the dark in a field watching singers and dancers and comedians. In spite of my contributions, the show was pretty professional and well done. Anyways... I should get to the point. Apparently, nowadays, instead of waving a lighter in the air in the darkness to show your appreciation to a performer you wave your open cellphone in the air. Even with the rather young audience, there were hundreds of cellphones waving in the darkness. It was pretty cool looking, more so than a bunch of lighters. But I couldn't help feeling a bit like an old man. The only thing I use my cellphone light for is to check on my sleeping child before I go to bed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?