Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trailer 2.4

Saturday morning we woke up to a gray rainy day. So after some Thomas the Tank Engine, we set out to get one of my "new-to-me" trailer tires repaired. The valve stem needed to be replaced so we headed to one of the "used tire" stores on Hull Street near the city of Richmond.

I've never before been a patron of one of these used tire places, but there are several, so I figured one would be open to help me. We stopped at the first one we came to and were greeted by a guy that looked remarkably like Danny Trejo.

I am often interested in learning about unusual small business models. While OBB and watched our tire getting repaired, we saw no less than four other patrons come up with tires that needed to be replaced. One drove in with the front tire riding on the rim. Based on the wad-o'cash "Danny" pulled out of his pocket (including a 50 and 100 dollar bill on the outside for good measure) I think he has found a way to make it work. In the two garage bays, stacked high with used tires, he also had no less than five tire machines and a brand new air compressor. Who new? I suspect the IRS for one doesn't know.

Anyways, the tire is fixed and on the trailer. Still need to test the ramp, but its pretty much a finished project.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?