Saturday, July 25, 2009

Moto 4 Resuscitation

Well, I had my doubts, but alas the "little motor" is a trooper. After some extensive cleaning of the ports and head, and the installation of a new intake valve, it's running again. (If you lived in my neighborhood you would know by the test runs up and down the street.)

Working on a small machine can be frustrating. Sometimes it's like building a model. It requires plenty of light and some extra tools for handling the miniature parts. The head bolts require a whopping 8lbs of torque. All in all it went together pretty quick. As usual, having an OEM repair manual is a big help. With the valves and cam chain carefully adjusted, it purrs like a fat kitten.

Next some new brakes may be in order.

Comments:
8 lbs. thats barely finger tight!
 
I ended up at 10 lbs. My torque wrench starts at 10.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?