Friday, December 04, 2009

Whatcha been working on?

For about the last month I have been working on preparing my dad's truck to be sold. Cleaning, fixing, cleaning, replacing, cleaning, tune-up, cleaning, removing, cleaning... you get the idea.


First stop was under the hood for some cleaning, an oil change, and a fresh tune-up with Bosch Platinum plugs. As my dad would say, "you wouldn't believe how nice it runs." It really does running exceptionally smoothly and quietly for a truck. It also received some new front brakes and rotors for smoother stopping.

Next stop was in the cab for some cleaning, CB removal, seat fixing, and some more cleaning. As Dad would say, "you wouldn't believe how nice it came out." To which I would reply, yes I would, because I know how much time I spent on it.




Next stop was the exterior. For one of Dad's trucks, the outside is in pretty decent shape. The one exception was the rear bumper which showed it experienced a few Maine winters.


The replacement bumper from a local salvage yard. Not perfect, but definitely better.


After some additional outside cleaning we have the final product. As dad would say, "you wouldn't believe how nice it looks." If it didn't have the exact same number of miles as my pickup, I would buy it and keep it.




Comments:
CB removal?? are you nuts? you just killed your resale value.
 
I was saving it for the Mustang or my wife's car. I am not sure which.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?