Saturday, January 09, 2010

Death Rattle Exhaust

A few months ago, the Mustang developed a very annoying rattle in the exhaust. A baffle in the left muffler broke. So for my birthday my lovely wife (MLW) bought me a new set of 409 Stainless Steel JBA mufflers with 4" double walled tips.

To illustrate, I created a brief video for your viewing pleasure. (The smoke from the exhaust is evidence of the cold weather in Richmond today.) The first clip is the death rattle Flowmaster exhaust. The second clip is muffler free... I was just wondering what it would sound like... MLW wouldn't approve of a muffler delete package. The final clip is the new JBA mufflers. Enjoy!


Comments:
not as loud as the grizzly :) i think you should have gone with just straight pipes
 
I think a video of mufflers working/not working is about as interesting as a video of paint drying or grass growing.

For my money, no exhaust sounded fine. I've always thought mufflers were stupid.
 
Big A - I think it tis better to blog about things that may seem uninteresting to some than to completely abdandon one's blog and not blog at all.
 
Ouch. Touché

I meant no offense. However, the next time you are going to make me watch 3 minutes of your car putting out exhaust, I think that car should be doing donuts in your front yard instead of sitting placidly in your garage. I once had a Skippy car that made roughly the same noise and was also very good at sitting in a garage.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?